Google Analytics is an analytics platform that gives businesses an in-depth view of their website or app performance. It can integrate with any of Google’s marketing and advertising platforms which makes it a popular tool for getting a comprehensive analytics report.
At least 28.8 million live websites use Google Analytics for their data tracking.
Businesses can see analytics about:
- User session duration.
- Website traffic, bounce rate, click-through rate, etc.
- Pages per user session.
- The location of users.
- The demographics of users, such as gender and age.
- Number of active users at a given moment.
When Google Analytics integrates with Google Ads, it can also show information about the performance of your ads, which campaigns are driving traffic to your website, and the conversion rates of your ads. You can create multiple dashboards to categorize your different metrics and campaigns.
Google Analytics has five reporting options to choose from:
- Real-time reports measure the current website traffic and are great for understanding the performance of recent campaigns.
- Audience reports measure the demographics, preferences, and characteristics of your visitors to help you make informed decisions about campaign strategies.
- Acquisition reports determine how traffic reaches your website by tracking organic search, direct URL traffic, referrals, and social traffic.
- Behaviour reports understand where visitors go on your website and interact with your website, such as page views, average time on page, bounce rates, etc.
- Conversions reports measure your website’s conversion rate based on how often users make a purchase, download an eBook, subscribe to an email list, etc.
With these reports, you can gain a comprehensive overview of your current website and ad performance to understand the effectiveness of your campaigns and your audience segments.
If you are looking to leverage Google Analytics to help you track the performance of your website and behaviour of your audience to make smarter marketing choices, contact us for help today.