Programmatic marketing is the use of software to buy digital advertising. Marketers using programmatic marketing strategies will use tools and software algorithms to purchase and optimize digital ad campaigns instead of buying directly from website publishers.
The global programmatic ad spend was $129.1 billion USD, and it’s expected to surpass $150 billion USD by the end of 2021.
Programmatic advertising is becoming increasingly popular amongst brands in all industries, and for good reasons.
Here are some compelling statistics about programmatic advertising.
- In 2020, 68% of marketers stated that paid advertising is one of the most important factors to their overall marketing strategy. (Setupad.com)
- In 2020, programmatic advertising data shows that automation is one of the top trends. (Setupad.com)
- The top three marketing automation solutions for global industry professionals are HubSpot, Adobe Experience Cloud, and Oracle Marketing Cloud. (Statista)
- In 2020, the United States was the largest programmatic advertising marketing in the world. They spent an estimated $70 billion USD, while China spent $23.4 billion USD and Europe spent $19.2 billion USD. (Statista)
- Programmatic advertising was forecasted to be 69.2% of global display advertising spending in 2020. (Statista)
- 21% of surveyed brands worldwide in the 2020 IAB report shifted programmatic buying in-house. (bannerflow.com)
- 48% of surveyed brands worldwide in the 2020 IAB report partly shifted programmatic buying in-house. (bannerflow.com)
- 70% of advertisers invested more than 41% of their display ad budget into programmatic advertising in 2020, up from 55% in 2019. (bannerflow.com)
- 54% of agencies purchase almost half of their video ads using programmatic advertising. (bannerflow.com)
- In a 2019/2020 survey, 11% of marketers fully used third-party data, while 22% said they heavily relied on third-party data. (Statista)
- The number of programmatic bid requests triggered worldwide in 2019 increased by 107% compared to 2018 numbers. (Statista)
If you need help setting up and managing your programmatic marketing process, contact us for help today.