Search engine marketing has been a major piece of digital marketing since the 90s. And it’s showing no signs of slowing down. In 2023, search ad spending is expected to grow by nearly 20 per cent.
Google Ads continues to dominate the search ad market, representing 56 per cent of total ad revenue. So, as we head into a year of economic uncertainty, Google Ads is holding steady while budgets for CTV, linear TV, and video appear vulnerable to ad budget cuts.
However, just because you’re spending a lot doesn’t guarantee a strong Google Ads ROI. Here’s what you need to know to ensure you’re getting the most out of your paid search campaign.
Maximizing Google Ads ROI
Success with Google Ads seems straightforward enough. Find the right keywords, write the ads, and buy. But then a few months go by and you’re not earning the ROI you’d expect from your pay-per-click spend. What happened?
Before you either give up or commit more dollars, consider your strategy.
Are you tracking your conversions? If not, then you don’t have any insight into which keywords are leading to sales and which are simply eating up your budget. Studies have shown that just 12 per cent of keywords accounted for all sales. The other 88 per cent is just money down the drain.
A straightforward solution is to audit your Google Ads campaign, identify underperforming keywords, eliminate them from your budget, then direct that money toward the keywords that are leading to conversions.
- Ad copy
Just because you include the keyword in your ad copy doesn’t mean it’s going to generate clicks. If your click-through rate is below 2 per cent then the issue may be the copywriting. Stronger CTAs, for instance, will help improve conversions.
The same can be said for your landing page. Don’t forget that while you invest in Google Ads, you also have to invest in the landing page where the ads are directing visitors.
The content on the landing page should be consistent with the keywords you used in the Google Ads copy. From there, the offer should be compelling and simple. If you’re asking visitors to fill out a big form just to watch a video then you’re not going to have much luck.
A simple CTA with a strong offer is key here. A free demo for a name and email contact. Keep it simple.
We Can Maximize Your Google Ads ROI
As a growth marketing agency, DigiForce has the data-driven methods to highlight the right keywords to deliver you maximum Google Ads ROI. And with our years of experience, we can craft the ad copy and landing pages that will get visitors converting.
Let’s chat. Call 1-866-637-4202 or visit our website today to request a free proposal.