Why Isn’t My Website Showing Up On Google?
For any business that relies on their website to drive high-quality leads and conversions, it can be detrimental if their website isn’t showing up on Google search rankings.
Google uses a specific search algorithm and ranking system to sort through billions of online content to bring forward the websites that they think are most relevant to a user’s Google search.
Google’s search engine ranking system uses a series of algorithms that comb through websites and identify which ones should be at the top of search rankings – aka the websites that deserve the prime real estate of Google’s first search page.
Some of the factors Google’s search engine ranking system uses to determine the relevance of a website include:
- The keywords that a user uses on a Google search.
- The meaning of a user’s search – search results must be relevant to what the user is looking for.
- Relevance of websites – Google will analyze the content of websites to determine whether the website contains information that’s relevant to the user.
- Quality of content – Google will prioritize websites with the most credible and reliable sources. Websites should demonstrate authoritativeness, trustworthiness, and expertise.
- Usability of website – this is where user experience and usability testing come in. Google will prioritize websites that are easy to use over ones that are built poorly.
If your website isn’t showing up on Google, it’s likely because of one, or a combination of, the above reasons.
Here are some tips and considerations to make sure Google recognizes your website:
- Search engines don’t see trial websites. If you recently created a new website or upgraded your website, make sure it’s published.
- Ensure your website pages have optimized SEO, credible links, and trustworthy sources.
- If your website isn’t ranking for your desired keywords, revisit the content by performing a search keywords analysis. Make sure your website is optimized for the keywords you want.
- Optimize your website assets, such as images, with the proper keywords and alt tags. Also, make sure digital assets are unique and relevant to your content.
If you are trying to rank your website on Google, contact us for help today.