Live chat is an online communication app that enables businesses and their website visitors to chat in real-time.
When visitors are on your website, they have the option of speaking to a live agent that’s available to answer any questions and concerns they might have. Live chat support agents can also guide visitors through the website to reach where they want to go.
It’s a great customer support alternative to emails, messages, or phone calls because users get quick responses to their questions, and concerns can be resolved efficiently.
Here are some interesting facts about live chat to prove its effectiveness:
- 41% of customers expect live chat on your website for customer service.
- 50% of customers on a mobile device expect live chat on your website.
- Live chat is the leading digital content method at 46%.
- 38% of consumers are more likely to buy from a company that offers live chat support.
- 79% of businesses said implementing live chat support generated increased customer loyalty, sales, and revenue.
There are many benefits to implementing live chat for your website or app.
- Reduces expenses.
Live chat support is 17 to 30% cheaper than a phone call. It allows your customer service agents to multi-task and assist several visitors at once. Live chat can save your business on wages without reducing the quality of service provided.
- Increases sales.
No one likes to wait for answers. Customers are more likely to buy from a company with responsive customer service, and that can provide instant answers to their questions and concerns. It also gives your customer service team opportunities to transform concerns into trust and credibility more effectively.
- Improves customer satisfaction.
Live chat improves customer satisfaction by 82%. Customers feel more confident with a company that provides responsive support and can personalize the problem-solving process. You have better opportunities to address pain points and find resolutions that are convenient and easy.
If you need help building live chat capabilities into your website to provide better customer service and generate more sales and growth, contact us for help today.