Why Am I Not Increasing Social Media Followers, Even Though I Am Producing Lots of Content?
90% of people with access to the internet use social media. 1.3 million new users join social media every day.
For any business that uses digital marketing techniques, social media is an important tool to promote a brand’s products or services and engage with the buyer persona. It’s also a great place to drive more traffic, high-quality leads, and conversions to promote customer retention and loyalty.
It costs no money to create a social media account. Brands can post original or curated content, spend money on paid social ads, or collaborate with influencers to promote their products and services.
According to a study from Deloitte, companies allocate, on average, 13% of their marketing budget for social media marketing. In addition, an analysis from The Content Factory states that the average organization spends $200 to $350 per day on social media marketing.
What happens when you spend a lot of resources and produce lots of content on social media but aren’t getting any followers?
You first need to determine why someone might choose to follow a brand page.
- 42% of consumers on social media follow brand pages to learn about promotions and discounts.
- 57% of consumers follow brand pages to learn about new products and services.
- 47% of consumers follow brand pages to stay up to date with company news.
- 32% of consumers follow brand pages to be inspired.
Are you offering your audience a variety of relevant and interesting content? Does your content offer value to your audience?
Next, you should consider how social media users interact with brand pages.
- 21% of consumers want to communicate with brands using social media.
- 74% of consumers will reach out to the brand for customer service support.
- 37% of consumers will message a brand because of customer support issues.
- 78% of consumers want brands to help people connect with others.
Are you communicating frequently with your audience? Are you helping them solve problems or addressing their needs?
Once you understand why and how your audience wants to interact with you on social media, you can build a strategy that increases your followers.
If you are trying to increase your social media followers, contact us for help today.