The percentage of total website visitors that convert to customers is your conversion rate.
Conversion rates measure the number of users on your website that have completed a desired goal, such as making a purchase, signing up for newsletters, calling your business, etc.
Conversion rates vary by market and industry. Here are some general statistics:
- A one-second delay in website loading time can decrease your conversion rate by 7%.
- Conversion rates increase in calls to action with 10 words or less.
- 63% of companies lack a structured approach to optimization of conversion rates.
- 81% of sales happen after seven or more interactions.
- 40% of marketers have a conversion rate of less than 0.5%.
Improving your conversion rate can drive a lot more sales and growth to your business. Here’s how you can start improving your conversion rates.
- Add a website pop-up.
According to Sumo, website pop-ups have an average conversion rate of 3.09%. When implemented correctly, this number can even reach close to 10%. Website pop-ups make it easy for users to see your promotions or calls to action as soon as they visit your website. Make your pop-ups interesting with bold, concise messaging to prevent users from clicking out.
- Give your visitors less work.
If you want your visitors to fill out a form or sign up for newsletters, you should make the process easy for them. Find a good balance between gathering all the required information from visitors without making the process inconvenient.
- Add testimonials, success stories, reviews, and blogs.
This is value-added content that improves credibility and trust. Visitors that benefit from your website are more likely to convert to interested customers.
- Strengthen your copy.
Compelling content is the key to conversion rates. Your conversion rates won’t increase if your copy doesn’t convince visitors of the value they will receive from your business.
If you need support developing effective campaigns and content that can increase your conversion rates and help you reach your revenue goals, contact us today.